Fasting is a spiritual activity during which a believer denies himself or herself of food and other pleasures for a specific duration of time and purpose. Jesus himself encouraged fasting in the Bible.
Why should we fast as Christians
- We fast to pacify God’s anger. It is a measure through which we can reduce God’s anger. 1 Samuel 7:5-6, Joel 1:14. When we fail God’s expectation, it is wise to fast with a repentant heart.
- We fast to terminate demonic verdicts over our lives. Isaiah 8:9, Esther 4:1-6
- We engage in fast to secure uncommon deliverance. Matthew 9:23-29
- Fasting suppresses the flesh
- Fasting helps us communicate with God, reflect on our ways and to grow spiritually.